Lands and Housing for Nationals
The Federal and Local Governments of Ras Al Khaimah offer UAE nationals a wide range of housing options throughout the emirate that ensure a comfortable life for those living in Ras Al Khaimah. The Government is also committed to providing a wide range of choices in funding. Detailed below, is a list of the projects and initiatives that have been launched to help UAE nationals enjoy world-class living conditions.
The Sheikh Saud Housing Program
The Sheikh Saud Housing Program has been developed as one of the most efficient programs to help citizens of Ras Al Khaimahenjoy a stable life. Citizens from all areas and tribes of Ras Al Khaimah are eligible to apply and benefit from the program. These applications must be registered andsubmitted to the Board of Directors,who will then take the appropriate decision. This programaims to support citizens and contribute to their well-being.
The documents required to apply for housing aid are:
✓ Copy of the Family Book
✓ Proof from the applicant stating his profession, income and work place
✓ Threerecent personal photos of the applicant
✓ A certificate from the competent authority in the emirate, stating if the applicant, or any of his dependent family members, owns residential or non-residential real estate
✓ Any other documents considered necessary by the Board
✓ In case of allocating or owning a house, you must first submit the following:
• Certified social research from the Ministry of Social Affairs (for recipients of social assistance)
• An official document from the creditor proving details of any outstanding debts of the applicant
• A confirmation letter from the applicant stating that he accepts the allocation terms and all obligations imposed by the decision in this regard
✓ If the beneficiary wants to obtain financial aid, he is required to submit the following:
• A Consultant Certificate showing the completion rate of construction (if the financial assistance is allocated for completion of dwelling)
✓ In case of loans, the applicant is required to submit the following:
• A certificate proving ownership of the land by the loan applicant, or proof that he obtained it through the grant
• A certificate proving that the land is free and clearof any mortgage or third party rights
• A certificate from the donor of the previous loan to be fulfilled, proving the loan value, the grant date, the remaining value of it until the date of the application submission, and the purpose for which the loan is granted
• Statement that the loan applicant accepts all obligations imposed by Law No. 10 of 2008 referred to, and that he accepts repayment in accordance with the regulations approved by the Board under this Act
* Priority in the allocation of housing or granting financial assistance shall be given in accordance with the program regulations, taking into account the circumstances of each case; priority is assigned to the following categories:
✓ Minor orphans
✓ The elderly and people with disabilities
✓ Beneficiaries of financial assistance from the Ministry of Social Affairs
✓ Widows and divorcees who have custody of their children, taking into account the numberof family members
✓ Persons whose houses are expropriated for public interest, provided that they were residing in itat the time of expropriation, and have no other housing
✓ The applicant’schildren residing with him/her are each entitled to apply for a housing loan if they get married and meet the conditions
✓ If the applicant dies before his application is determined and his dependent heirs are eligible to obtain housing aid under the provisions of Law No. 10 of 2008 and the Provisions of this Act, the heirs are entitled to replace the deceased in the benefits of application
Sheikh Saud Housing Programme
Ras Al Khaimah / Ras Al Khaimah Municipality
Phone: +971 7 2422 233
Fax: +971 7 0899 233
The Sheikh Zayed Housing Programme
The Sheikh Zayed Housing Programmewas established in 1999 to provide suitable housing for UAE nationals and their families. This program aims to offer housing assistance services such as grants and loans, as well as to provide multiple options includingbuilding, purchasing, maintaining or expanding a house according to approved policies and standards.
How to apply for housing aid through the Sheikh ZayedProgramme
✓ At one of Emirates Post offices
✓ Via the Programme's website www.szhp.gov.ae/default.aspx
✓ A temporary card is issued to the applicant until a permanent card is sent to him by mail. The card contains ID information and his Application Number to facilitate the follow-up process later on
For more information, contact the Programme branch in RAK:
Phone: +971 7 203 4555
Fax: +971 2 226 0009
PO Box: 35777 RAK, UAE
For more details please visit www.szhp.gov.ae/default.aspx
Submitting applications to the Ministry of Residency Affairs
• The Housing Allocation Committee at the Ministry of Residential Affairs handles the allocation of housing and residential lands for UAE nationals.
• To submit your application, you must personally visit the Ministry of Residency Affairs on official working days between 8a.m. and 1p.m., and submit the application with the required documents. You can also apply online via the Ministry of Residential Affairs’ website.
• The Housing Allocation Committee prepares lists of citizens eligible for housing or land aid according to specific criteria, including the date of application submission, the number of family members and to what extent they need a new home.
• To enquire about your application status, please contact the Ministry of Residential Affairs.