Report and Replace Your Lost, Stolen or Damaged ID Card
The request of issuing a new ID card to replace a lost or damaged card, since you are responsible for notifying us of a lost or stolen Emirates ID card. You will need to let your nearest Registration Center know that your card is lost, stolen or damaged. Only when you have done this will we be able to deactivate the card and issue you a stamped certificate of your ID number to use while applying for a new ID card.
There are two channels through which you can submit your application to replace your lost or stolen ID card; 1) Accredited Typing Centers or 2) Online via www.emiratesid.ae. You will be required to visit an Emirates ID Registration Center to complete the application process; notification of the appointment date and location will be communicated to you via SMS
We aim to print and issue your ID card in a timely manner, which contains your accurate personal and biographical data.
How to access this service
Step 1 – Visit the locations where the service is provided, the steps are as follows:
- You are required to visit us in person at your nearest Registration Center
Step 2 - To report your lost, stolen or damaged ID card, the steps are as follows:
- You should present your valid identification document to confirm your identity
- An Emirates ID Customer Service Representative will issue you a stamped certificate of your Emirates ID number (The service will be completed in less than 5 minutes). The certificate is to be used when applying for a replacement of your lost, stolen or damaged ID card.
Step 3 - To apply for a replacement, the steps are as follows:
- You are required to complete the application form I) Online via www.emiratesid.ae or II) In person via an accredited Typing Center
- You are required to pay the ID card fees in full when submitting the application
Step 4 - To collect your new ID card, the steps are as follows:
- You can collect your ID card from your local post office
Documents required to access this service
If you are a UAE National or a GCC Citizen, you will require the following documents to access the service:
- Completed application form (the application form is available online and at any accredited Typing Center)
- Original valid passport
- Original valid family book
- Proof of residency such as original valid employment certificate, real estate lease or ownership contract, commercial license, school registration certificate, certificate of dependency, valid marriage contract or an employment card
- The IDN Certificate issued and stamped by the registration Center.
For children under 15 years old:
- A visit to the Registration Center is not needed, a colored passport-size (4.5 x 3.5 cm) photo with white background can be submitted instead
- Biometric data is not needed
- ID cards for newborns require the submission of a photocopy of the birth certificate in addition to the aforementioned document requirements. The parent must also present their valid ID card.
If you are above the age of 70 years old. receive social welfare or have additional needs:
- You are exempt from the additional fees of services related to the ID but not the delay charges.
- Customers with special needs are exempted from the additional services fees as well as the ID card charges but not the delay charges.
- Customers with additional needs are required to submit a copy of proof of disability certified by their physicians
- Once all requirements are meet the service will be completed and the card ready for collection within Ten working days of your application
- In the event that your lost or stolen ID card has been recovered, an Emirates ID Customer Service Representative will contact you via telephone
|UAE Nationals and GCC Citizens
Benefits of this service
- Enabling you to keep your identity data up to date and accurate, then therefore useful
- More secure identity
- More accessible identity